Read before the procedure
Surgery Orthopedics Phlebology
Admission of the patient to the Medicus-Bonus Hospital in Środa Wielkopolska in the Operating Department usually takes place on the day of the procedure, at the time agreed with the person indicated by the referring physician (usually in the morning – from 9am).
Receptions take place on working days, from Monday to Friday.
The admissions room is located on the right-hand side just past the clinic entrance.
In order for the admission to the hospital to go smoothly, please prepare yourself properly and take the necessary documents and personal belongings with you.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure
- Do not eat or drink 8 hours before the procedure
- 7 days before the operation you must not take anticoagulants, e.g. Aspirin, Polocard, Acesan
- jewelry and hairpins should be left at home
- remove make-up, nail varnish, remove nail tips, fasten hair with a rubber band
Necessary medical documentation - medical history
- the original referral to the hospital (unless it was delivered earlier)
- results of diagnostic tests (laboratory tests: complete blood count, glucose, electrolytes, INR APTT, blood group, urea, creatinine), certificate of hepatitis B vaccination, ECG, x-ray, ultrasound, etc.
- photocopy of medical records – hospital records
- consultation examinations, certificates from specialists – if the patient is under constant medical supervision and there are no contraindications to the procedure: cardiologist, diabetologist, endocrinologist; in joint endoprosthetic procedures: laryngologist, dentist, gynecologist
Documents necessary for admission
• ID card
• insurance card
• referral from a doctor
• consent forms for surgery and anesthesia
• toiletries, towel
• pyjamas or nightgown, slippers
• glasses, hearing aid (if applicable)
• bottle of mineral water 1.5 l
• crutches, orthoses (surgical procedures)
• medicines that the patient is taking on a regular basis
Day of admission
- on the day of admission, you should report to the Hospital Admissions Room on an FASTED hour at the appointed time, i.e. 6 hours without food and 5 hours without drinking
- on the day before the party you can have an early, light dinner
- in the case of admission in the afternoon, breakfast may be the last meal before the procedure
- the scheduled time is the time of admission, not the time of the procedure
- the time of the procedure is determined by the doctor after admission to the hospital
- people with long-term treatment will be informed during an earlier consultation about what medications they should take
- after admission to the hospital, while waiting for the operation, you will receive appropriate premedication, i.e. drugs with a sedative and hypnotic effect
- detailed procedure in the period immediately before and after the procedure depends on its type and the anesthesia used.